Project Based Learning
Vista emphasizes a collaborative, student-centered learning environment, where students engage in significant work through globally focused projects. This model of Project Based Learning ensures students participate in rigorous, authentic, and real world experiences.
Project Based Learning leans on the following 5 pillars:
- Real-World Connections: Tasks are authentic, and reflect the “real world”
- Core Learning: Projects are the hearts of units, rather than an additional task
- Structured Collaboration: Students must collaborate with others
- Student Driven: Students, not teachers, direct the project
- Variety of Assessments: Students demonstrate their learning in multiple ways
Vista students gain greater confidence in themselves, and they take more ownership of their own learning, as they see the true importance of what they are learning.